What is Probate?
- Probate is a court supervised process with respect to the administration of the Estate of a deceased person.
- It is specifically resolves all claims and distributes the deceased property under a valid will or the state laws of consanguinity (heirship).
- protects the instructions of the deceased;
- confirms either an executor or administrator as the personal representative of the decedent’s estate;
- protects the interest of heirs and creditors of the estate,
- provides third persons with the necessary legal assurances relative to dealing with the decedent’s property.